Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bounce Back

Before I learned to accept my curly hair I constantly straightened it. For about 3 years I got my hair straightened every week and never let anyone but close family see my curls (or rather frizz). During that period of time, my hair got longer and longer, pretty soon I looked like the girl from The Ring. I also noticed something else: After getting my hair done each saturday, by about wednesday it would be a grease mop at the roots and a frizzfest at the tips. Another thing I noticed: if I went two weeks without shampooing, it resembled a wet mop. My bangs would form four separated strips and no matter how often I combed through them they always ended up looking like wax. Any of this sound familliar? Eventually I ended up embracing my curls (its easier to add moisture than to get rid of it.) However, I understand, sympathize, and even empathize with those of you who don't have such an easy solution to the problem. While curly hair has its problems too, I know the grass is not greener on the other side. So here are some solutions.





Lush Karma Komba Solid Shampoo actually uses citrus oils to have a reverse effect and balence sebum production. Wash daily and enjoy balenced hair with perfect shine and Patchouli scent. Lush Karma Komba Solid Shampoo-$$9.25 for 1.90z




Lush's Forever in Bloom Conditioner will give you crazy body. It conditions your hair to ward off breakage yet it's light enough to no weigh your hair down (aka you can rock a bouffant) Lush Forever in Bloom Conditioner-$16.95-$25.95


No comments:

Post a Comment